Your Home in the Summer Heat
Man, is it HOT today in Northern Colorado! It hit 101 degrees here today so we want to give you a few tips on how to care for your home in this inferno.
1. Be sure your air conditioner unit is cleaned off so you get good air flow.
2. To improve efficiency be sure to lock your windows (not just close them) and leave the blinds down.
3. Make sure you have a clean furnace filter installed so it doesn't push your air conditioner too hard.
4. Turn off the lights throughout your home during the day to use less energy.
5. It is not recommended to run your humidifier while you run your air conditioner.
6. If you have an aluminum garage door, you can increase the efficiency by installing insulation on the inside of the panels.
We will keep giving you some great tips so keep checking back. Stay cool!